Having carefully monitored campus and community numbers, the President’s Cabinet, after consultation with the MSSU COVID Task Force, has recommended moving to Phase Two of operations.
Under Phase Two:
- Classes will continue primarily face to face, with accommodations in place for social distancing – no change to existing structure
- Masks/face coverings will still be required
- No more than 100 individuals can be gathered for an event, with social distancing and masks required
- The 100 mass gathering limit may be comprised of both campus community members and external guests
- Spiva Library will be fully open
- The Beimdiek Recreation Center will operate at 50-percent capacity, with certain group activities/fitness areas closed
- Athletic activities will take place according to NCAA and MIAA guidelines
- External rentals will be allowed following all above guidelines and protocols
Phase Two will go into effect on Thursday, April 1.
The task force will continue to monitor campus data and inform students and employees of any further changes. If you have any questions about the university’s COVID-19 contingency plan or phased operations, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.