As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, our first priority at Missouri Southern State University is the health and safety of our Lion family. You can find the latest information and answers to questions about our comprehensive response below.
‘Return to Campus’ guide
With the Fall 2020 semester quickly approaching, all MSSU employees should be aware of two new resources available to them.First, a downloadable “Return to Campus” guide can now be easily accessed:http://www.mssu.edu/returntocampusThe 22-page document covers everything from Missouri Southern’s operating policy in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, to guidelines and procedures put in place to maintain the highest health and safety measures across campus.Faculty and staff are now able to download a print signage to use as students join us back on campus August 17. Signage is accessible on the university’s COVID site.
We are living in unprecedented times and that means we all have to be part of the solution. With this in mind, and due to positive COVID-19 cases increasing in the community, Missouri Southern State University is taking preventive steps to keep our campus safe.
Students, employees and community members can now check for updates regarding COVID-19 on the Missouri Southern campus at https://emergency.mssu.edu/coronavirus-dashboard/.
The dashboard will be updated every Monday. Information is compiled from data provided by the university’s Willcoxon Health Center and Human Resources, but may not include results from campus-connected individuals who were tested at non-Missouri Southern sites.
Effective immediately, the following updates to operations are being made:
Beimdiek Recreation Center
- Maximum 25% capacity in the Rec Center
- Basketball/volleyball courts will be closed
- Free weights area will be closed
- Fitness classes will be cancelled
- Intramurals will be cancelled
George A. Spiva Library
- The first-floor entrance will be closed Friday, Aug. 28, through Monday, Aug. 31. (The library is closed on Saturdays.)
- The entrance facing the Oval will remain open and access will be granted to current MSSU students and employees
- Students and employees will be required to show MSSU identification at the library-staffed table as they enter
- Community borrowers will not be permitted access regardless if they present valid government-issued identification
- Signs will be posted that state access is only for current students and employees
- The Circulation 2 phone number (625-9862) will be included on signage for current employees and students to call to request assistance to enter the library for handicap access.
- Library hours are posted on their main page.
By working together, this semester can be a success for our entire Lion family. For more information on how Missouri Southern is working to protect our students, faculty and staff from exposure, visit https://emergency.mssu.edu. #LionsTogether
Assisting in the Fight
“What are your needs?” It was a question posed over the weekend to Freeman Health System and Mercy Joplin as Missouri Southern State University reached out to offer assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic. On Monday, the university donated its supply of personal...
As Missouri Southern employees return to campus following an extended closure due to the COVID-19 campus, they can breathe easy knowing that their safety is a priority. Beyond the Physical Plant performing an extended cleaning of campus buildings, the Staff Senate...