As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, our first priority at Missouri Southern State University is the health and safety of our Lion family. You can find the latest information and answers to questions about our comprehensive response below.
‘Return to Campus’ guide
With the Fall 2020 semester quickly approaching, all MSSU employees should be aware of two new resources available to them.First, a downloadable “Return to Campus” guide can now be easily accessed:http://www.mssu.edu/returntocampusThe 22-page document covers everything from Missouri Southern’s operating policy in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, to guidelines and procedures put in place to maintain the highest health and safety measures across campus.Faculty and staff are now able to download a print signage to use as students join us back on campus August 17. Signage is accessible on the university’s COVID site.
In order to keep campus safe and for classes and activities to continue face-to-face, all events at Missouri Southern State University have been closed to external guests until further notice.
All campus activities, including those scheduled as part of the Caribbean Semester, will be open only to Missouri Southern students, faculty and staff.
The university has also extended the following updates to operations at the Beimdiek Recreation Center and the George A. Spiva Library until further notice:
Beimdiek Recreation Center
- Maximum 25% capacity in the Rec Center
- Basketball/volleyball courts will be closed
- Free weights area will be closed
- Fitness classes will be cancelled
- Intramurals will be cancelled
George A. Spiva Library
- The first-floor entrance to the library remains closed.
- The entrance facing the Oval will remain open and access will be granted to current MSSU students and employees
- Students and employees will be required to show MSSU identification at the library-staffed table as they enter
- Community borrowers will not be permitted access regardless if they present valid government-issued identification
- Signs will be posted that state access is only for current students and employees
- The Circulation 2 phone number (625-9862) will be included on signage for current employees and students to call to request assistance to enter the library for handicap access.
- Library hours are posted on their main page.
Assisting in the Fight
“What are your needs?” It was a question posed over the weekend to Freeman Health System and Mercy Joplin as Missouri Southern State University reached out to offer assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic. On Monday, the university donated its supply of personal...
As Missouri Southern employees return to campus following an extended closure due to the COVID-19 campus, they can breathe easy knowing that their safety is a priority. Beyond the Physical Plant performing an extended cleaning of campus buildings, the Staff Senate...