We are living in unprecedented times and that means we all have to be part of the solution. With this in mind, and due to positive COVID-19 cases increasing in the community, Missouri Southern State University is taking preventive steps to keep our campus safe.
Students, employees and community members can now check for updates regarding COVID-19 on the Missouri Southern campus at https://emergency.mssu.edu/coronavirus-dashboard/.
The dashboard will be updated every Monday. Information is compiled from data provided by the university’s Willcoxon Health Center and Human Resources, but may not include results from campus-connected individuals who were tested at non-Missouri Southern sites.
Effective immediately, the following updates to operations are being made:
Beimdiek Recreation Center
- Maximum 25% capacity in the Rec Center
- Basketball/volleyball courts will be closed
- Free weights area will be closed
- Fitness classes will be cancelled
- Intramurals will be cancelled
George A. Spiva Library
- The first-floor entrance will be closed Friday, Aug. 28, through Monday, Aug. 31. (The library is closed on Saturdays.)
- The entrance facing the Oval will remain open and access will be granted to current MSSU students and employees
- Students and employees will be required to show MSSU identification at the library-staffed table as they enter
- Community borrowers will not be permitted access regardless if they present valid government-issued identification
- Signs will be posted that state access is only for current students and employees
- The Circulation 2 phone number (625-9862) will be included on signage for current employees and students to call to request assistance to enter the library for handicap access.
- Library hours are posted on their main page.
By working together, this semester can be a success for our entire Lion family. For more information on how Missouri Southern is working to protect our students, faculty and staff from exposure, visit https://emergency.mssu.edu. #LionsTogether