Are there resources available if I am feeling anxious or upset about what’s happening?
The Cigna Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available 24/7 and can be reached at 1-877-622-4327 or by visiting www.mycigna.com. Our employer ID is MSSU. To learn more about the services provided by the EAP check out the EAP Overview brochure on the HR SharePoint site.
Additional HR Resources:
- HR COVID-19 Employee Resources
- CIGNA EAP
- The Standard EAP
- TIAA EAP (Aetna): Many of the participants our Financial Consultants are speaking with have concern and fear beyond the financial due to COVID-19. We listened, and learned that during this time, the TIAA Aetna Employee Assistance Program (EAP), is available to assist anyone in the United States. The participant does not have be enrolled in an Aetna health plan. Should you feel that additional resources and support would be helpful, you may provide your participants with the Aetna EAP information below to support them and their family now – or as may be needed in the future.The Aetna EAP gives free, confidential support for every aspect of an individual’s work and personal life. If a participant would like to speak to someone, you may let them know that Aetna’s crisis response line (available to anyone in the U.S.) offers 24/7 confidential counseling and support. The participant may call Aetna at 1-833-327-AETNA (2386) for assistance.
- CIGNA AmWell & MD Live Telehealth
- National Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or Text TalkWithUs to 66746
- CDC Stress & Coping Resources
Sanvello App -Free premium access during COVID-19
National Alliance on Mental Illness
How to Prevent Loneliness in a Time of Social Distancing
Taking care of your mental health in the face of uncertainty
Mental Health Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Faces and Voices of Recovery (FAVOR) – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) & the Recovery Community
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- SMART Recovery
- Recovery Dharma
- Women for Sobriety
- In the Rooms: A Global Recovery Community
- Coping with COVID-19 and Physical Distancing as a Person in Long-Term Recovery
- Maintaining Calm in the Middle of Global Crisis While you are in Recovery
- Online Recovery Meeting Directory
- Recovery Link: Digital Recovery Support Services
- SAMHSA’s List of Virtual Recovery Resources
CIGNA EAP Update
Cigna EAP is giving 2x the number of EAP visits to our employees through Sept. 30:
Cigna is expanding Employee Assistance Program sessions.
Cigna is committed to helping your employees through the COVID-19 crisis. One way we’re doing this is by adding more Employee Assistance Program (EAP) sessions to help support their emotional well-being. From now through September 30, 2020, your employees will have access to additional sessions with licensed clinicians in our EAP network at no additional cost to them. It’s real support for real life.
Here’s what your employees can expect with our expanded support:
- Twice the number of free sessions with a licensed clinician in Cigna’s EAP network*
- Meet with counselors virtually on their phone, tablet or home computer
- Unlimited access to webcast recordings to help them deal with COVID-19 anxiety, fears and concerns
- These services are available to employees and all household members – they do not need to have other Cigna coverages or be enrolled in medical coverage.